Visit Bozrah, CT
The Town of Bozrah was originally a part of Norwich called "Nine miles square," acquired from the Sachems of the Mohegan Indians n 1659; a portion later became known as the New Concord Society.
In the early 1700s this land, west-north-west of the Norwich Town Plot, was opened to additional settlers. the nature of the Society was organized and approved by the General Assembly in 1737. A Site was accepted in 1739 for the construction of a meetinghouse, which was erected soon after. In 1786 the members of the New Concord Society, "hereby incorporated into a distinct Town by the name of Bozrah," and thus became the 86th town in the State of Connecticut, believed to be the only one with this name in the country. The name is of Hebrew origin meaning an enclosure or sheepfold.
Local attractions include Bozrah Farmers Market, from July to October, Odetah Camping Resort, adn the Acorn Acres Campground.
TOWN OF BOZRAH
1 River Road
Bozrah, CT 06334
Greater Norwich Area Chamber of Commerce | Norwich, CT 06360
Copyright Greater Norwich Area Chamber of Commerce. All Rights Reserved.
187 Main Street, Norwich, CT 06360
T: 860-887-1647 | Fax: 860-887-9238 | firstname.lastname@example.org