Inspiring local businesses to come together for a cause greater than them all – ending hunger in New London County.
GNACC is in partnership with the United Way of Southeastern Connecticut, Edwin R. Muenzner, CPA/Muenzner Payroll Solutions and Pop's Premium Ice Cream.
In past years, we brought together more than 50 different businesses in ten different industries with over 100 separate locations. You can help us make a difference by joining in this friendly competition. Our goal is to bring together as many organizations in as many different industries as possible and collect enough food and donations to feed our community for the entire summer. We need your help to accomplish this lofty goal. Print PDF for more information!
Why should your company participate?
• Team Building: This friendly competition helps to bring together those within your organization. Many of our participants also have an internal competition, which contributes to strengthening teamwork and motivate positive change.
• Community Building: It’s a harsh reality that nearly 33,000 residents of New London County struggle with food insecurity each and every month of the year. Many of these individuals are children. We can make our community better through this competition.
• Fosters goodwill: The event is highly publicized through each competitor’s location, along with advertising that is donated by media providers. The competition has raised more than $30,000 in monetary donations and 40,000 pounds of food since it was founded.
• The Food Stays Within Our Communities: All of the funds raised and food collected remain within our community. Specifically, the event will benefit the Gemma E. Moran United Way/Labor Food Center, a program operated by United Way. Their Mobile Food Pantry Program delivers fresh food such as milk, meat, and veggies, along with traditional canned and boxed foods once a week in the areas we operate including Colchester, Groton, Jewett City, Norwich, New London, Salem, Stonington and Taftville. The Labor Food Center also helps to supply other local food pantries.
• Friendly competition: Go head-to-head with others in your industry, creating connections and showing your customers that you care!
To Register Your Business to Participate, Please Visit:
Cassandra Giovanni – Mystic Aquarium
Sarah McDermott, Rebecca Reutlinger and Christina Fleury- United Way of Southeastern Connecticut
Dan & MaryEllen Spellman - Pop's Premium Ice Cream
Angela Adams - GNACC
Barry Shead - The Arc Eastern CT
For more information, please contact: Angela at GNACC
firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: (860) 887-1647
United Way has built a platform for a virtual food drive where donors can virtually shop and purchase food that then is translated into actual purchases made by the Gemma Moran Food Center/United Way/ Labor Food Center. With the colder weather and holidays approaching and federal aid running out for many families, we are seeing an increased need for food in New London County.
We would love to have more meals available for families all year round. If you are interested in participating, contact us today at angelaadams@Norwichchamber.com. The more we partner and work together, the better we all are...TOGETHER!!
Gemma E. Moran United Way/Labor Food Center Virtual Food Drive is also available. This Virtual Food Drive will allow you to pick items here instead of going to a store, buying an item, and finding a drop off location. With just a few clicks, you can purchase the most-needed items and make a difference in the lives of our neighbors in need, right here in New London County. Once you select and pay, the items will then be purchased and delivered for you, directly to the Gemma E. Moran United Way/Labor Food Center! CLICK HERE for the link to the virtual food drive. #GNACCSupports #localmatters #bettertogether 🥰🥰🥰
Print PDF Flyer - English and Spanish (double Sided) for suggested healthy food items to donate.